I think it’s safe to say that letting go is something that we all need to do now and again. Do you ever get sick & tired of the negativity and the way it makes you feel? Yeah me too.. so I’ve decided to do something about it. At the start of 2017 one of my goals was to reduce the negativity in my life & I’m happy to say that with a lot of stress & drama, it’s finally done.. I feel like me again, less stressed, less depressed.. and more positive in myself.. a step in the right direction right?
Here are some ways in which you too can get rid of the sh#t in your life:
- Declutter your home – one of my favourite things to do, grab a bin bag & fill it with stuff you no longer want/need/whatever..
- Declutter your social media – unfolllow that account that you cringe at every time you see it. Who cares if they notice? Do it for you.
- Reevaluate the people around you – do they make you happy? If they don’t, get rid of them.
- Burn candles, buy plants, open windows – it’s autumn, it’s getting colder & it’s candle burning season. We all love a good plant whether that be a real one that you treat like your baby or a fake one because you keep forgetting to water it. And lastly, open the windows – this probably sounds stupid but it is so so important. When I wake up in the mornings, one of the first things I do is open the curtains & open the windows, I cannot stand a home without fresh air.
- Rearrange your home – this is something else I love doing, my partner is probably sick of me moving things now but honestly it makes me feel so much better.
- Laugh more – this is so important, if you can’t find something funny just laugh at yourself.. you’ll feel better for it, trust me..
- Be grateful – appreciate what you’ve got but don’t settle for any less than you deserve.
- Help others but don’t be taken for a mug – literally, it is nice to be helpful and it’s nice to recieve help also but please don’t put yourself in a position where you are being ‘used’ because you quite simply don’t deserve it.
- Surround yourself with positive people – if they don’t make you happy don’t associate yourself with them, simples.
- Write lists – I’m a list maker, I make lists for lists & don’t regret it one bit.. you too could be a list maker.. when you wake up in the morning write yourself a list of jobs to do throughout the day, number 1 on your list should always be “make yourself a hot drink” this is a rule that my grandad taught me & I won’t ever forget that (the little things in life, ay)..
- Be aware of what you’re reading online – we’ve all felt like sh#t and put a sad song on that is bound to make us cry, we’ve all done it.. (if you say you haven’t you’re totally lying).. don’t read/watch the news if you know it’ll upset you, don’t go reading back through messages from people if you know it will make you angry.. just don’t look.. delete them from your phone because at the end of the day, who cares? Move on..
- Dance like nobody’s watching you – do it, I dance all the time, I dance when I’m making a drink, I dance when I’m folding the washing, I dance pretty much all the time.. the radio is on 24/7 in our house so Alyssia has also learnt to dance like nobody’s watching and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t care either..
- Give less sh#ts – pretty self explanatory really. Live for you & don’t give a sh#t about what anybody else thinks, go to college if you want to, have a baby if you want to, quit your job for something better if you want to, start a blog if you want to, do whatever the f#ck you want (within reason) and just be happy..
3 reasons why you should get rid of the sh#t in your life:
- to be a better you
- because you deserve it
- because who wants to be sad forever?
Sometimes you’ve just got to chuck it in the f#ck it bucket & move on.. right? (love that saying)