It’s officially Autumn, my all time favourite season, the leaves are falling and the nights are getting colder by the day. I cannot stand feeling cold & will do everything I can to prevent it, it’s important that we all keep ourselves warm this Autumn/Winter so here are my top tips for doing just that:
- Get yourself some decent pyjamas – If you know me well you will know that I am a pyjama addict. Since becoming a mama, I’ve felt the need to buy better quality pj’s, comfy pyjamas that are going to last because let’s be honest as a new parent you’re sleep deprived enough as it is and getting the best nights sleep possible is so so important. Cotton Pyjamas are my absolute favourite and are the best for sensitive skin.
- Fluffy Socks are the way to go – Is it even winter without a pair of fluffy socks? Quite often I will double up, I’ll wear a normal pair of socks and then a pair of fluffy socks on top to ensure that I stay super cosy. I wear these at bedtime and also in the day with a pair of boots. I can’t stand having cold feet so doubling up is definitely the way to go.
- Buy yourself a Dressing gown – Do you own one? If not, why not? I own about 5 and now that the weather is getting colder, I have started wearing it daily. Keep yourself warm & save some money on your gas bill. A knitted cardigan would do the same thing if you wanted something less casual.
- Wear a Thick Coat – Every year I dig out my thick winter coat, I feel the cold so much more since becoming a mum & whilst thinking about my daughter and layering her up in warm coats & blankets, it’s important to think about myself too.
- Buy yourself a Winter Scarf – I love scarves just as much as I love pyjama’s & fluffy socks, I like the comfort & own quite a few. I would definitely say that a scarf is a autumn/winter essential.
- Keep warm with Knitted Jumpers – these are an absolute must in the cold weather. I am loving mustard & burgundy colours at the minute. Grab yourself a warm jumper, preferably cotton & layer up with a thick coat. Cardigans and long sleeved t-shirts are another way in which you can layer up and keep yourself warm this winter.
- Layer up with a Bodywarmer/Gilet – These are called all sorts of things depending on where you are from in the country, we are from Somerset and call them bodywarmers and they do just that. As soon as the temperature starts to drop, start layering up – don’t wait until you’re freezing cold because by then it’s too late. I love to layer mine up with a long sleeved t-shirt or a sweatshirt.
- Wear Comfy Trousers – whether that be jogging bottoms or a thick pair of leggings, it’s always good to find something that you feel comfortable in.
All items listed are available to buy from David Nieper – a British fashion house who have been designing and making ladies clothing, knitwear and luxury nightwear for over half a century using the world’s finest fabrics.
*this is a sponsored post